WLA Conference Committee 2009

WLA Conference Committee 2009
Reclaiming the Magic!

LIBRARIANS JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN!

What have you done for library fun lately?!

Monday, October 8, 2007

Feedback Thingies

I think that interactive participation is the hallmark of blogs. I definitely want to be able to utilize "feedback thingies" with my patrons. I liked what was said today about the fact that some patrons will not be reached via computer so we will replicate whatever survey we are doing in a different way for them. I really like the idea of reaching out in a multiple of ways because our patrons are all on different playing fields. I am pleased that this class is arming me with new ways to reach out to the computer/web literate. Just this month, we(my staff & I) were discussing how helpful it is when our patrons assist us with ideas for collection development. We were talking about how we should reach out for help in the area of choosing magazines. Here is something I would try using Survey Monkey. Just for fun, will you take my survey by clicking on Survey Monkey and tell me about a magazine that you really like?

No comments: