WLA Conference Committee 2009

WLA Conference Committee 2009
Reclaiming the Magic!

LIBRARIANS JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN!

What have you done for library fun lately?!

Friday, April 4, 2008

Food for Thought from Seth Godin

I chuckle because my life is chock full of serendipitous moments! I was first introduced to Seth Godin by Mr. Billy! of all people. He turned me on to Seth's book, "All Marketers are Liars." I thought t/his video about curiosity was just great. These words stick with me, "The riskiest thing you can do is play it safe." Also, "How much of the mediocre 'stuff' of life have you led yourself to believe is great?" I think by nature I am curious but sometimes I stifle my own curiosity because I am tired or craving stability or I feel strange! I liked that he said that curiosity is about searching and he inferred that curiosity is about openness and awareness. I feel like much of my life I am in a high state of alertness (not calm) and by Godin's definition of curiosity that is probably okay! Sometimes I wish that I wasn't as "wired" as I am. I am still learning to be comfortable in my own skin! Ha!

No comments: