WLA Conference Committee 2009

WLA Conference Committee 2009
Reclaiming the Magic!

LIBRARIANS JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN!

What have you done for library fun lately?!

Monday, November 19, 2007

Endings & Beginnings

Wow, it's hard to believe that Project Play (Semester 1) is winding down. I remember feeling nervous about adding one more thing to my plate. These weeks have been so informative. It has been well worth investing the time to learn these new ideas. I am so IN for the second semester. Kudos to the instructors for a job well done! I relate to the remarks of Stef who is wondering about learning thresholds. As an educator, I know that new learning occurs when the task in not too easy nor is the task too challenging. That is very difficult to gauge when there are so many of us participating with differing prior knowledge bases. I would encourage you, during Semester 2, to keep doing what you are doing. Your assignments were offered to us in a range--try this OR this and also had "extras" that one could try or not. That flexibility,I felt, was both innovative and respectful!
How does one pick a favorite week? All of the weeks were FUN! If forced, I choose week 7. I am enjoying Library Thing very much and I thought the Dummies book template was hilarious! I have been keeping up with Shelfari and Goodreads.com--they are great for learning about reading tastes and great books. They help me both professionally & personally. I would like to utilize Survey Monkey at some point. I use Doodle all the time (not sure if we learned that in class or not) which I feel is a fabulous tool for a person like me who is involved in SO MANY teams.
Sometimes I feel smothered by all the exciting technological opportunities that I have to sift through. Having Project Play give me direction has been marvelous. Imagining all the creative minds that are out there coming up with these social networking opportunities blows me away! Slowly, but surely, I am reaching out there to be a part of these on-line communities. My heart is full to think about all the sharing, generosity, goodwill and peace that happens because of the web!


No comments: