WLA Conference Committee 2009

WLA Conference Committee 2009
Reclaiming the Magic!

LIBRARIANS JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN!

What have you done for library fun lately?!

Monday, November 12, 2007

I'm a week behind!

Yikes! I'm a week behind for Project Play. Last week was filled with all sorts of assorted challenges and Project Play fell to the wayside. It's okay. I'm now back on track. I love the idea of tagging and how many people are working on it at once. (folksonomy) The adage, "Two heads are better than one" comes to mind. Multiply that by several thousand and patterns are bound to emerge--cool! How to use that with our patrons? When patrons begin contributing reviews to Infosoup, perhaps tags could be utilized in some way. Maybe tags are being currently utilized with book recommendations on Infosoup? A teacher friend, Joan, introduced me to delicious in May. Here is my link: http://del.icio.us/Emtimmins
You can see that I didn't get very far! However, I LOVE the tags that are attached to despair.com! I liked seeing that 929 other people have a dark sense of humour like me! Reading their comments was interesting but oppressive--so many people, when I began to really think about it, made me feel claustrophobic!
I am really interested in tag clouds. They are both artistic and informational. It is fascinating to see which tags are in the largest font and are therefore the most frequently explored topics. I am interested in Irish news. This tag cloud intrigues me: Ireland's Current Affairs website

No comments: